Sunday, September 21, 2008

Argument Done!



And so it's final. Portia Simpson-Miller has been "reconfirmed as the leader of the PNP". I hate to say I told you so, but I'll make an exception in this case. Despite her shortcomings Portia Simpson Miller is the only person who can guide the PNP through these dark and penniless days. Peter Philips simply does not illicit the same kind of response that she does, Portia is a woman on a mission, Peter is a man who thinks he is 'qualified' for the position, and that's the difference. If Bredda P thought he was some kind of a "Barack Obama" coming to 'change course' because of some perceived 'urgency of now', he was simply not the change the delegates  believed in.

But what role will Bredda P play in this new administration? Will Mama P do a 'clean sweep' and replace some of the familiar faces?  We shall see. But I know for a fact that the young guns, those who were vociferous in  defense of their leader, will be lining up to receive their due reward. As for Okola, Spencer et al, I think their political days are numbered.

Speculation aside though, the country is awaiting the details of this "progressive agenda" being touted. Is it just Democratic Socialism  by a different name?  Questions, so many questions. We wait for answers.



No comments: